Thank you so much to Kara for this nomination for the One Lovely Blog Award! Wowee, what an honour. It’s so much fun that people the other side of the world are reading (and enjoying a little bit) Thinking Japlish! If you haven’t found Kara’s blog yet, check it out for a taste of some beautiful travel writing: From This Side of the Sun. Now I have the fun task of finding seven ‘fun facts’ about myself (had to compromise on the ‘fun’ element as this proved to be quite hard), and I’ll be asking my co-blogger Taro to join me here with seven facts about himself too!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 15 bloggers for the award, and comment on one of their posts to let them know.
Seven Facts About Naomi
- I love the winter season – sitting by the fire, snuggled up under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate in one hand and a book in another… yes, please!
- This is convenient as the only sport I can do well is skiing, which is lucky since Japan has over 500 ski resorts.
- I hate sushi (really awkward, I know).
- Jane Austen is my no. 1 favourite person ever (you might know this if you’ve read my bio page but it’s still really important to know about me so it won’t hurt to repeat this).
- I’m currently reading Paradise Lost for uni and finding it very long, but hopefully Milton and I will be friends soon.
- I’ve met Benedict Cumberbatch and JK Rowling… No biggie.
- However, I have met neither David Beckham nor the Queen, despite the questions I used to get on the street as a child in Japan. Sorry to disappoint.
Seven Facts About Taro
- Currently revising for Oxford’s Classics Honour Moderations, which used to be named as the hardest set of exams in the world (until the Chinese civil service examination took the title), hence lack of blog posts!
- I have fans in China (a story for another day…)
- I was born on the same day as my great-granddad.
- The most ‘adventurous’ thing I’ve done was probably when I went bungee jumping.
- I sneeze whenever I eat chocolate (but this doesn’t stop me).
- My first word was “more”.
- I was the first person in my year at primary school whose handwriting was ‘ready’ enough to be approved for a ‘pen license’. I was allowed to make the big transition from pencil to fountain pen. However, when my excited classmates asked if they could see me write using a pen, they were bitterly disappointed because I didn’t own one! I lost my pride as well as my friends.
These are just a few of the wonderful blogs I’ve found on WordPress, so definitely do take a look if you aren’t familiar with them already. Also check back here tomorrow for some fun photos of Oxford looking sparkly at Christmas!